Friday, March 31, 2006

 

Hariyali Tikki

I came across this recipe from the Indian magazine Woman’s era. I happened to get this magazine while I was returning to the US. After two years I am reading this magazine and I noticed it has lot of contribution towards cooking. There were around 10 pages concentrating on Indian snack items. I am going to try one by one and share it with you all. So here is the first recipe I am sharing with you all “Hariyali Tikki”.













Ingredients

  • 1 cup boiled mashed potatoes
  • 1 cup green peas
  • 1 tsp whole coriander seeds broken
  • 1 tsp paste of ginger and green chilies
  • 1 tsp sesame seeds
  • ½ tsp red chili powder
  • 2 tsp besan
  • Oil for frying and salt to taste

Method

  • Mix all the ingredients nicely without water. Take a small portion in your hand and make into round shapes and press it. Make all the tikkis in round shapes and keep it aside.
  • Heat oil in a pan and fry the tikkis till it becomes crispy.
  • Serve hot with chutney or tomato sauce

13 Comments:

Blogger sailu said...

Welcome back, Priya.Missed you..:)
I also read 'Women's Era' once in a while and yes,they do have an elaborate section on recipes.
Nice tikki recipe with sesame seeds,Priya.Going to try it.

9:28 PM   Edit
Blogger lost in thoughts said...

'Women's Era' I really liked that mag...read it sometimes. Full of stories & help & advice columns & recipes.

The Tikkis look yum!

6:11 AM   Edit
Blogger RP said...

I had almost forgotten about that magazine. I used to read that years ago. Great & simple tikki recipe. Will try out soon. Looking forward to more snack recipes.

12:56 PM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEllo Priya.

I agree with you WE is amazing and i tend to go pick up all the back issues i get whenever i go home so i can get their recipes and all those stories. I have a huge collection of sweets from WE . lovely snack ....

1:52 PM   Edit
Blogger Vivek Kumar said...

Once I start cooking myself.. later this year sometime.. I think this blog is going to be on my daily must-read list.

For now.. silent admiration only.

11:39 PM   Edit
Blogger Sury said...

Those look delicious tea-time snacks! The recipe is simple too; will try this out soon, Priya.

8:46 AM   Edit
Blogger GourmayMasala said...

Priya - Welcome back! Nice snack recipe here...

9:26 PM   Edit
Blogger Priya Bhaskaran said...

Hi sailu, yeah it was a long vacation. Let me know how it came for you.

Spice hut, I too like WE. Got a chance to read when I was in India.

Hi SF, I visited your blog and was amazed see the pictures and recipes. I have tagged you in my monster list.

RP, let me know how it came for you. The recipe is very simple.

Subha, I was able to collect only one WE since my stay was only two months. Good to hear you have lots of collections.

Santi, I just want to get started with a simple recipe and WE helped me:)

Hi Vivek, Good to see you here. Thanks for your kind words.

Hey sury, let me know how it turned in your kitchen.

Hi GM, thanks for welcoming me!!

11:29 PM   Edit
Blogger Priya Bhaskaran said...

Hi paz, good to see you here. Thanks for welcoming back.

11:37 PM   Edit
Blogger Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

Hi Priya... My mom is a regular womens era reader & when there is a womens era cookery special, her magazine delivery person will reserve a copy for her. I am very limited on my veg dishes, so this one is on my try list.

7:27 AM   Edit
Blogger Priya Bhaskaran said...

Tina, Good to know that she likes WE!! Let me know how it came for u....

3:04 PM   Edit
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Priya - thanks for participating at VCC Q1 2006. See you at the show today. Cheers!

10:04 PM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this looks so yummy, can't wait to try :) Thanks for sharing ...

12:36 AM   Edit

Post a Comment

<< Home