I came across this recipe from the Indian magazine Woman’s era. I happened to get this magazine while I was returning to the
. After two years I am reading this magazine and I noticed it has lot of contribution towards cooking. There were around 10 pages concentrating on Indian snack items. I am going to try one by one and share it with you all. So here is the first recipe I am sharing with you all “Hariyali Tikki”. US
- 1 cup boiled mashed potatoes
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 tsp whole coriander seeds broken
- 1 tsp paste of ginger and green chilies
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp besan
- Oil for frying and salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients nicely without water. Take a small portion in your hand and make into round shapes and press it. Make all the tikkis in round shapes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the tikkis till it becomes crispy.
- Serve hot with chutney or tomato sauce