I had this cauliflower sitting in my fridge for a week. Many recipes came to my mind while thinking about the cauliflower. At last I made up my mind to do Gobi masala which will go well for the rice as well as chapattis.
Ingredients: Recipe for two
- 1 cup of cauliflower florets
- 1 ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 ½ tomato finely chopped
- 2tsp cilantro
- 2tsp yogurt
- Spice Powder: 1 tsp of Red chili powder and Coriander powder.½ tsp of turmeric and cumin powder.
- Grind: 1 tsp poppy seeds and 2 tsp of cashews grind to a fine paste
- Grind: 3 pods of Garlic, 2 green chilies and a small piece of ginger grind to a fine paste
- Salt for taste
Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions and sauté till golden brown.
Add ginger, garlic, green chili paste and sauté them. Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes. Add all the spice powders red chili powders, coriander powder, turmeric a, cumin powder, salt and cook till the tomatoes absorbs the flavor.
Add the yogurt and sauté till the yogurt is well blended. Now add the cauliflower florets and sauté them well turning all sides to coat the masala and cook them covered for 2 minutes.
Add the cashew poppy seed paste and ½ cup of water. Cook them covered for 5-6 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot.