Minestrone Soup ( Italian Vegetable Soup)
The temperature is dropping day by day and you feel like having something hot which makes you feel better. When winter nears all I could think of is a soup to make me feel warmth in the evening. This one recipe you can always make with the available things from the pantry and guess what you can cook this soup in 30 minutes. This is vegetable minestrone, yes there is no bacon :( but you can always add bacon and replace the vegetable stock with chicken stock. Here goes the recipe!!
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 garlic finely chopped
- ½ cup onion chopped
- Handful of chopped carrots, potato, celery with leaves, cabbage
- Handful of garbanzo beans or green beans, or any beans of your choice. I used garbanzo beans
- ½ cup – 1 cup of tomato sauce or tomato paste or fresh tomato. I used 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 ½ - 2 cups of vegetable broth or water, I used the stock
- ¼ cup or handful of short pasta, I used elbow macaroni
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- Grated parmesan cheese as per your choice, I added a tsp of cheese while serving
- In a pan add olive oil, garlic, chopped onions, and sprinkle little salt and saute.
- Add the chopped carrots, potatoes, celery, cabbage, and saute them.
- Add the garbanzo beans, and tomato sauce, and saute the mixture
- Add the vegetable stock, elbow macaroni, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and cover cook for 15 minutes in medium heat.
- Cook another 10 mintues in low-medium heat.
- Serve the soup with grated parmesan cheese