Saturday, October 07, 2006

 

Almond Cookies

Lately I am getting attracted to sweets :(, which is definitely not a good sign. I always admire the sweet recipes in the blog and never had the interest to try it, since me and my hubby are not fond of cookies or cakes. Consuming little sugar in a day is not that bad….so I made up my mind to explore my expertise in baking cookies, cakes, and so on. This recipe I got from sugar and spice and it was originally from here chocolate and Zucchini. The best things about these cookies are – it takes less time to make, few ingredients, and it is yummy. What else you need when the making and out come process is so simple and delicious. Here goes the recipe!!

Method
  • Pre heat the oven to 350 F

  • Mix two eggs and 1 cup of sugar in a blender/ mixer and blend them until it turns fluffy.

  • Add ¼ cup oil, 1 tsp rum, 2 tsp vanilla extract, pinch of salt and blend well with the mixture.

  • Add all-purpose flour 1 ¾ cup little by little to the liquid mixture and blend well to a thick proportion.

  • Pour this to an oven safe dish greased or lined with parchment paper. Even out the mixture.

  • Now place almond or pecans or nuts of your choice on the surface, each with distance of 3cm.

  • Bake 20-25 minutes until they turn light golden color. Check them with a toothpick to see whether it is baked. Take out and keep it aside for 5 minutes.

  • Cut them into small squares and arrange them in a foil sheet.Keep inside the (turned off) oven for 25- 30 minutes. It will become crunchy:)

Serve with coffee or tea :)

Notes: You can try this recipe without Rum, but adding a tsp of Rum did make a difference in the taste and the aroma , which I loved in this recipe :)

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Krithika said...

Looks delicious !!

9:36 AM   Edit
Blogger Prema Sundar said...

Almond cookies look Awesome Priya...I loved those when I saw in Sugar and spice's blog.. Now after seeing it here in urs really want to do it soon. thanks

1:41 PM   Edit
Blogger Jayashree said...

Looks very nice, Priya....

8:46 PM   Edit
Blogger Maneka Nirmal said...

as i am so concerned about the cholestrol ,i never make much desserts at home ...but what to do when u r tempting me with something delish..btw ,nowadys u r making so many desserts..cookies,rasamali,cake..
what HAPPENED???!!!!

7:04 AM   Edit
Blogger Mrs. K said...

They look gorgeous! Cutting after baking sounds easy. Is the batter too liquidy or can we try making shaped cookies with it? Maybe chill the batter until it is firm, and try to roll out and cut with cookie cutters? What do you think?

10:49 AM   Edit
Blogger Deepz said...

your cookies look easy to make and very yummy.

3:09 PM   Edit
Blogger Rajesh &Shankari said...

hmm yummy. The moist choclate that U posted is baking in my oven right now and boy it smells good in here, will let u know how it comes out later

5:08 PM   Edit
Blogger Priya Bhaskaran said...

Maneka, I donno :( I think I lately started to crave for sweets--he he --

RP..it was a thick liquid- like the ones we bake for a cake-- so I doubt whether you can make cookies in that liquid stage--- anyway you can give a try--set aside a little portion and give a try and let me know:)

Shankari-- how did the cake come???

11:46 PM   Edit
Blogger Rajesh &Shankari said...

Priya, the cake came out very well. I did not ice the cake. I served with vanilla icecream yesterday and it was ahit, thank U

9:41 AM   Edit
Blogger Luv2cook said...

The cookies look yummy, Priya..when I looked at the pics..I thought it was burfi!

1:35 PM   Edit
Blogger Amritha Pavithran said...

Hey priya i tried out the alond cookies..I dint hav Rum in the kitchen nor i had pecans..But i couldnt just resist the cookie pic on the blog.I was so determined to try it out. n so i replaced the almonds with cashewnuts.Mmm it was tasty.....I kind love this baking experience..!!!
thankyou so much

8:51 AM   Edit
Blogger Priya Bhaskaran said...

Shankari--that was very nice to hear:) Thanks for letting me know!!

Amritha...I too enjoyed the baking experience of almond cookies-- you don't have much job there-- oven does the major job-he he-- thanks for letting me know:)

10:53 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Priya:

They looks delicious!! Is there anyway I can replace eggs? any tested substitute?

Seetha

3:48 PM   Edit

Post a Comment

<< Home