Lately I am getting attracted to sweets :(, which is definitely not a good sign. I always admire the sweet recipes in the blog and never had the interest to try it, since me and my hubby are not fond of cookies or cakes. Consuming little sugar in a day is not that bad….so I made up my mind to explore my expertise in baking cookies, cakes, and so on. This recipe I got from sugar and spice and it was originally from here chocolate and Zucchini. The best things about these cookies are – it takes less time to make, few ingredients, and it is yummy. What else you need when the making and out come process is so simple and delicious. Here goes the recipe!!
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F
- Mix two eggs and 1 cup of sugar in a blender/ mixer and blend them until it turns fluffy.
- Add ¼ cup oil, 1 tsp rum, 2 tsp vanilla extract, pinch of salt and blend well with the mixture.
- Add all-purpose flour 1 ¾ cup little by little to the liquid mixture and blend well to a thick proportion.
- Pour this to an oven safe dish greased or lined with parchment paper. Even out the mixture.
- Now place almond or pecans or nuts of your choice on the surface, each with distance of 3cm.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until they turn light golden color. Check them with a toothpick to see whether it is baked. Take out and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Cut them into small squares and arrange them in a foil sheet.Keep inside the (turned off) oven for 25- 30 minutes. It will become crunchy:)
Serve with coffee or tea :)