Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 

Gobi Manchurian

I wanted to try out something different with cauliflower and ended up making my favorite dish to comfort me. I love this dish which can be eaten as snack as well as side dish. It goes well with fried rice....well that’s my combo!! Here goes the recipe!!!

What you need

  • Cauliflower florets
  • 3-4 tsp of corn flour
  • 1-2 tsp red chili powder
  • 1tsp ginger-garlic paste
  • 1tsp salt

For seasoning: 4-5 tsp tomato sauce, 1-2 tsp Soya sauce, onions, green bell pepper, green chilies, few cilantro.

Method

  • Mix cauliflower florets with corn flour, red chili powder, ginger-garlic paste, and salt with 1- 2 tsp of water.
  • Deep fry the florets coated with corn flour and fry them until it gets cooked. Once it is cooked, keep them in the cloth tissue and drain the oil.
  • Heat oil in pan, add onions, slit green chilies, green bell pepper (I dint use bell pepper since I was running out of it), tomato sauce, soya sauce and add the florets and mix them well. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Serve hot as a snack or as a side dish.
See fellow bloggers recipes:
Gobi Manchurian
Gobi 65
Gobi Manchurian

18 Comments:

Blogger Krithika said...

Gobi manchurian looks delicious !

6:32 AM   Edit
Blogger Deepa Culinary World said...

Hi Priya,

I never try gobi manchurian.Your presentation make me to try.It will be good with chapathi too trust me. thanks for sharing

7:26 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm..looks delicious Priya..I too love Gobi Manchurian with fried rice..

8:05 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Priya, Cauliflower looks lovely. Am going to try this tom.

9:06 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ho priya, its pretty cold here and i feel having them right away from the plate..thanks for sharing priya...

11:20 AM   Edit
Blogger Maneka Nirmal said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....i wanna eat that...can i?????

1:37 PM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Priya,
Looks delicious. Never had it with any rice or as a side dish. Should try once..

3:02 PM   Edit
Blogger Shah cooks said...

i just came from anthony's chilli chicken to see ur gobi manchurian. wow. feel like we are having an indo chinese party.

4:42 PM   Edit
Blogger Prema Sundar said...

Hi priya,
Gobi manchurian looks yummy. Its a perfect snack for a cold evening..
Thanks for linking me.

5:17 PM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gobi Manchurian is my fav! your manchurian looks delicious.

9:02 PM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum. I can hear my stomach rumble. thanks!

7:23 AM   Edit
Blogger Shah cooks said...

memsaab,i have tagged u for a meme

2:41 PM   Edit
Blogger Rooma said...

wow!!!! Exactly what i was looking out for..... must try out this weekend!!!!! thanks priya...

3:52 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!what a picture! Looks like everybody migrated to blogger. I was unable to put comments on non-beta blogs.

8:19 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi priya--what happened to the Ginger/garlic paste in teh manchurian? not sure whether that gets added to the cauliflower florets/chilli/salt etc and fried, or added to the sauce ...can u help?

Thx
KK

10:19 AM   Edit
Blogger Priya Bhaskaran said...

Hey Anon--oops I forgot to add- thanks for pointing out-- I have made changes:)

11:02 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Priya, this is Rg. Yum!! this recipe is tempting. Looks very very delicious. wonderful! I'll be trying it out this week for sure. thanks for sharing.

Rg.

2:32 PM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried this recipe and it was delicious! I am gonna cook it again tonite!!

9:58 PM   Edit

Post a Comment

<< Home