Silver Pomfret Fry ( Avoli Porichathu )
Recently while talking to my friend I came to know that pomfrets are available at Ranch Market. Usually I buy fish from the American grocery stores and I always end up buying salmon, cat fish, prawns, and shrimp. Pomfrets are one of my favorites and my dad use to make this at least once in a month. This fish were not available in the hometown where I lived back in
- Mix 3- 4 tsp of ginger –garlic paste, 1-2 tsp red chili powder, ½ tsp turmeric, ½ pepper powder, 1tsp fish masala (optional), and 1-2 tsp salt. Mix everything to a paste.
- Clean the pomfret by making a slit at the side and take out the intestines. Wash with salt and turmeric. Make few slits on both sides of the fish with knife. Apply the paste all over the fish and allow to marinate for 1 hr in the fridge.
- Heat the pan at low heat with 5-6 tsp of oil.
- Once the oil gets hot add the fish and let it cook for 5 minutes. Turn the fish to the other side and let to cook for another 5 minutes. Do the process twice for each side and cook for about 20 minutes covered.
- Be very careful while turning the fish, the fish can easily break into pieces, so handle with care.
See fellow blogger recipes of Pomfret Fry