I did some changes to my template to give a new look. I here means (my friend) who helped me to do the changes in my blog, and I thank her so much for taking time to work on my blog. Last weekend we had potluck in my friends place and guess what we had for the menu? We decided to have a simple potluck and planned to go with Tiffin varieties. The menu went like this: Cutlet as starters, Masala dosa, Pongal, Sambhar, Tomato chutney, and Ela ada. We just wanted to take a break from the normal routines like Pulav’s, chapattis, desserts and so on. After a long time I felt more like eating at home :) and was more relaxing for all of us. I decided to make Vegetable Cutlet and Ela ada; here goes the recipe for Cutlet!!!
What you need
- Vegetables of your liking
- For dipping the cutlets: 1 tsp All-purpose flour or Maida mixed in warm water or egg white.
- Choose vegetable of your liking, I chose 2 big potatoes, 1 raw banana, 1 carrot, few beans, handful of green peas. Boil all the vegetables in microwave and allow it to cool.
- Mash the vegetables in a whisk or with your hand. Add a tsp of ginger-garlic paste, 3-4 chopped green chilies, ½ tsp of garam masala, ½ tsp red chili powder, and salt for taste. Mix everything together and make into small shapes.
- Mean while make breadcrumbs. Toast the bread and grind the bread with help of a mixer or blender.
- Dip the cutlet shapes into the flour water. Mix a tsp of maida or all-purpose flour in 5-6 tsp of water. You can also use egg white instead of flour mix.
- Coat the cutlet with breadcrumbs and fry in a non-stick pan with little oil.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup.