For the bhel
- 2 cups of puffed rice
- ½ cup sev
- ½ cup of papadi’s broken
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup boiled chopped potatoes
- 1/4 cup boiled chana
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 cups coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 5-6 green chilies
- 1 tbs lime juice
- Salt to taste
Grind the above items to a fine paste by adding required water
- 3/4 cup tamarind water (lemon size tamarind soaked in water)
- 1/2 cup dates deseeded
- 3/4 cup jaggery (brown sugar )
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
In a pan add the tamarind water, seedless dates, jaggery, cumin powder, and salt. Bring them to boil and cook for 8- 10 minutes until the mixture reduce to a thick liquid. Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool, and grind to a smooth paste.
Mix puffed rice, sev, and broken papadi in a large bowl. Add onions, tomato, cooked chana, boiled potato, add required green and tamarind chutney. Mix well and garnish with sev and cilantro leaves. Serve immediately :)
- You can store these chutneys in a container and keep refrigerated.
- Add ingredients of your choice to the bhel puri.
- Bombay Bhel puri mix is available in the stores, just buy that and add chutneys and ingredients of your choice.