- 2 cups of coconut scrapped
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of water
- 2-3 cardamom crushed to powder
- 1tbsp of ghee or butter to grease the pan or you can use the foil to avoid ghee or butter
- Add water and sugar and cook in medium heat for 18- 20 minutes until the sugar syrup thickens.
- Add the scrapped coconut mixed with cardamom powder to the sugar syrup and cook in medium heat. Cook until the consistency becomes thick and proportion is reduced. This will take 15- 18 minutes.
- Grease a flat pan with ghee or spread the aluminum foil in a flat pan and pour the mixture and level it using a spatula. After 5 minutes cut them into shapes and allow them to cool for 1 – 2 hours.
- Once the burfi cools down and becomes little harder, you can cut them into pieces and store them in a container.
Try to use fresh coconut since the end result will be great
Sugar can vary according to preference, I used one cup, you can add 1 ¼ cup or more.
For more shelf life, store in the refrigerator.
I used aluminum foil, to avoid ghee, and cleaning :)
My contribution to VCC Q4 2006 - You Can Cook for FAHC Campaign
and JFI for coconut