Friday, April 20, 2007

 

Roasted Asparagus

If you were like me who wants to try asparagus, but afraid about how the recipe is going to turn out and not tried at all? I guess now is the time to try out for the people who are afraid about this veggie. There are few programs I watch at food network; shows of Giada’s, Rachel Ray, Sandra lee, and recently I started to watch Barefoot Contessa shows and that’s how I got this recipe. It was quite simple and easy to cook and less work for me. May be you also like to know how this recipe tastes? - It tastes like boiled peanuts. Here goes the recipe!!

Method

  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
  • Break off the tough ends of the asparagus and peel them. Brush the baking sheet with olive oil and place the asparagus.
  • Drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil, salt and ground pepper and coat them completely. Bake them for 15 – 20 minutes until the asparagus is tender and crisp.
  • Take it out and sprinkle with 1 tbsp of Parmesan and return to the oven for another minute.

Serve with lemon wedges

Notes:

You can skip parmesan part, and you can try this recipe directly on the stove top.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Coffee said...

It sure seems to be the season!!!! :) I just came over from soumya's blog where she has asparagus soup. :)

This looks nice and easy. :)

12:25 AM   Edit
Blogger FH said...

I love asparagus.You have to choose the leaner and younger asparagus and just stir fry with little garlic pd and salt,yum!! Looks great Priya.

5:03 AM   Edit
Blogger Mrs. K said...

This is the only way I make asparagus too..but with a little difference. I don't peel asparagus. Do we have to? I didn't know. :)
Also, along with olive oil, salt and pepper, I add a tsp of minced garlic for added flavor. Try it next time, you will like it.
Then I spread them on a cast iron skillet, and bake it(broiling or stove top works great too.)

9:12 AM   Edit
Blogger marriedtoadesi.com said...

Priya,

I am a big fan of asparagus, even simply steamed with a little olive oil. Dr.Soumya Bhat has a cool recipe for asparagus soup on Home Spices.
Yours look delectable!

Kanch

11:28 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a good one Priya. I fry it more. I love Sandra lee and Barefoot contessa though I find Rachel Ray a bit loud:).

12:21 PM   Edit
Blogger amna said...

this is the most unique and different recipes i have seen in a long time. I have started a food blog recently and was humbled at the variety and dedication in all these others.

i am concentrating mostly on my mom's and grandmom's cooking which is a mix of tamilnadu and kerala.

loved ur blog :)

8:03 PM   Edit
Blogger KF said...

I never tried this in my kitchen,I had this lost of times from outside.Thanks for sharing this.

9:00 PM   Edit
Blogger Roopa said...

ymm i love ASparagus fry with garlic and chillies hmm!!!

9:07 PM   Edit
Blogger Inji Pennu said...

You can make asparagaus thoran and it is very tasty priya.

9:19 PM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love simple roasted asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper. Great side dish!

8:08 AM   Edit
Blogger DEEPA said...

Looks Great Priya ....I have never made it at home ..Will surely make it ..looks yummy pa!!!1

6:10 PM   Edit
Blogger Sharmi said...

I am waiting to make this recipe. heard of it form lot of ppl. must be tasting great.

10:16 AM   Edit
Blogger Sreelu said...

Priya,

Great to know you are from bayarea too. Added you to my blogroll

7:10 PM   Edit

Post a Comment

<< Home