Samosa is a tasty snack and is very popular in
- 1 cup of onion ( cut into lengthwise)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- ½ coriander powder
- A pinch of turmeric
- Salt for taste
- Pastry sheets
- Heat 1tsp oil in a pan and fry the onion with all the powders for about 10 minutes until all the onions absorbs the flavor. Keep aside and set it cool.
Method to make samosa
- Thaw the required pastry sheets at a room temperature for 30-40 minutes before using. I used Pepperidge farm pastry sheets.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. While the oven is pre-heating, unfold the pastry sheets and cut into to triangle shapes. You can do any shapes with this dough, just play with it.
- Stuff the onions mixture on the triangle shapes and bring another triangle shape and close the edges with your hands. Do this for all the samosa.
- In a flat ungreased pan, arrange the samosa’s and bake the samosa's at 400 degrees F for about 10- 12 minutes. I used the foil on the pan so that I can escape from cleaning. Check the samosa's in between while it is in the oven to avoid over frying.Take it out when it becomes crispy and color changes to golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.