Tuesday, April 04, 2006

 

Stuffed Gobi Paratha

This recipe I learned from my friend Anita. I got to talk to her in yahoo messenger this week. We happened to talk about cooking and she came up with this recipe. It sounded very interesting to me, since I never tried paratha’s so far. I immediately wrote the recipe in my cook book. This recipe turned out very tasty. I made Indira’s "methi chutney" which turned out very well and it was a good accompaniment with the Gobi paratha’s. After trying paratha’s for first time, I am now motivated to try more paratha’s in the future :)















Ingredients: Recipe for two

  • Cauliflower florets: 8-9 florets cut into small pieces.
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1tsp red chili powder
  • ½ tsp turmeric powder
  • 2 cups of wheat flour
  • 1tsp of oil
  • Salt for taste

Method to make Gobi for stuffing:

  • Finely chop the cauliflower florets into small pieces.
  • Heat oil in a pan, sauté the cumin seeds. Add the florets, red chili powder, turmeric and salt and sauté until it gets cooked.
















Method to make Gobi Paratha:

  • Mix the wheat flour with salt and knead the dough by adding warm water. Keep the dough aside for 20 mins covered in a container.
  • Divide the dough to small balls as you make for chapattis. Now split the ball into two sizes so that you can make two layers of chapatti’s and stuff the Gobi’s. Roll the divided balls to a thin chapatti’s.
  • Now stuff the first layer of chapatti with the cauliflower. Bring the second layer of chapatti and attach to the first layer of chapatti. With your hand, close the edges of the two layers and roll the paratha carefully.












  • You can cut into different shapes before frying. Ensure to close the edges before frying once you made into shapes.
  • Heat an iron plate or skillet, add 1tsp of oil and place the paratha on the skillet.
  • Keep the paratha on the skillet until it becomes brown on both sides by repeatedly changing the sides.
















14 Comments:

Blogger Shalini said...

it looks yumm, I always prefer to make gobi at home. This sounds and looks very tasty... shall make it for dinner sometime and let u know...

11:58 PM   Edit
Blogger Vineela said...

Hi Priya,
Gobhi Parata looks good.Nice it will be with menthi chutney.Both r good for health.
Vineela

9:32 AM   Edit
Blogger sailu said...

Priya,I am a paratha freak.Make all sort of stuffings.
I like the way you cut them out into triangle shapes..:).

9:36 AM   Edit
Blogger Kitchenmate said...

Bited sized stuffed paratha... hmmm looks yummy. I want to grab a piece for me:)

11:31 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks good priya, i like paratha's , have to try one day.
Lakshmi

2:08 PM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

priya, that comment was from lakshmi from myrasoi.

2:09 PM   Edit
Blogger Tanuja said...

Hi Priya,

U triangle gobi parathas looks yummy, nice presentation.

9:06 PM   Edit
Blogger Kartik Kannan said...

Hi,
I am Kartik Kannan at Sulekha.com (www.Sulekha.com) and I'm writing to you about your blog
Before I proceed, let me apologise for this unsolicited comment in your blog. I googled for good Indian blogs and found yours. Ok, now to why I'm writing to you, I'm compiling a list of the best writings in Indian blogosphere and showcasing them on Sulekha.com. Sulekha (means 'good writing') has been encouraging good writers and showcasing great writing for well over 6 years.
I want to include your blog entries on Sulekha by creating a parallel blog for you. By creating a parallel blog on Sulekha Blogs, you can dramatically boost the number of people viewing your posts and commenting on them.
To know more click here

Cheers,

Kartik Kannan
Team Sulekha

11:09 PM   Edit
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks very inviting. Would try it out soon.

2:21 AM   Edit
Blogger Shammi said...

wow, looks yumm and perfect for party or picnic fare!

2:51 AM   Edit
Blogger Kay said...

So glad to see you back, priya! I'm on the move right now... will settle down a bit and read more on your trip to India and other posts..

5:37 AM   Edit
Blogger RP said...

Looks delicious Priya. I haven't made any parathas for a long time now. Your picture is tempting.

8:11 AM   Edit
Blogger Priya said...

priya i have tagged u with a meme.

9:16 AM   Edit
Blogger Priya Bhaskaran said...

shalini, Even I go with you! I love home food. For me this is the first time making paratha, it turned out very well!!

Vineela, true, both are good for health!! let me know how it came for you.

Sailu, yeah I have seen in your blog. You have many items listed in the indian bread column. I am yet to explore. The kids will love these triangle shapes:)

KM, let me how it turned for u.

Lakshmi, Share your experience when you it.

Santi, even i was like you. Doing this way makes the job easier.

Tanuja, let me know how it came for you!

Karthikannan, Thanks for dropping by and for your request. I am happy with my blog circle which I have got now. I am doing this blog just for a record of my cooking and to share my experience and learn from other expertise. Please do not include my blog in your website.I am happy with what I am doing:) Thanks for effort and your time.

Puspha, Let me know how it came in your kitchen

Shammi, Yeah it is good for parties and picnic.

Kay, happy to see u. Hope you are getting settled in your new place. Take care of your health:)

rp, let me how it turned for u.

Priya, thanks for tagging me!

1:18 PM   Edit

Post a Comment

<< Home