Veggie Pizza: Jalapeno peppers and Olives
Hi there!!! Yes I am alive and breathing here. Before I start with my stories of me not blogging, I want to thank all the bloggers who enquired about me and my apologies for me not replying for the comments, since it was not intentional.
So where was I all these days?
I and my husband took a small vacation to
Coming to the recipe now, I have already made pizza and this one is no different from the previous one except for the toppings. I made this pizza last Sunday while my husband was watching the Super bowl. Here goes the recipe!!!
- ¾ to 1-cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp quick-rise active dry yeast
- 1 ½ tsp dried basil leaves or pizza seasoning
- 1tbsp olive oil or regular oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- ½ cup Jalapeno peppers chopped
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Combine ½ cup all- purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, yeast, pizza seasoning or basil leaves and salt. Blend oil with garlic; stir into flour mixture with water. Stir in ¼ cup of all- purpose flour until soft, slightly sticky dough forms, adding remaining ¼ cup all-purpose flour to prevent sticking if necessary. Shape the dough into a ball. Cover with in container or paper towel; let it rest for 10-20 minutes
- Place oven rack in lowest position; preheat oven to 400F. Spray 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal and set aside. If you have a non- stick pan spray is not needed, corn meal alone is fine.
- Roll dough into large circle on lightly floured surface. (Too much rolling makes the crust heavy and dense; stretching dough to fit pan is best.
- Blend tomato sauce with ½ tsp of pizza seasoning or basil leaves in small bowl; spread evenly over crust.
- Top with Jalapeno peppers, olives, parmesan cheese; sprinkle crushed red pepper on top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese melts.