I got the recipe from my sister to make shrimp curry. My sister makes yummy shrimp curry. I like sea foods compared to the other meats. When I went for shopping this week to Albertsons store, I saw these baby shrimps to be very fresh. I grabbed some to cook for this week. I like shrimps made in any form. It tastes good and good for health. Here the recipe goes!!
- Shrimps/ Prawns required quantity
- 4 -5 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves (smashed)
- 4-5 tsp of tamarind extract
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1tsp cumin powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- ½ cumin seeds
- Few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
- Add tomatoes. Let the tomatoes merge with the onions and boil in simmering heat.
- Add the tamarind extract to get a tangy flavor. Let it cook for 5 minutes and absorb the flavor.
- Add the garam masala, cumin powder and coriander powder and allow them to blend with the mixture.
- Add the shrimps/prawns and salt. Blend it well so that the curry mixes with the skin.
- Close the lid and cook for 15 minutes. Once it is cooked turn off the heat. Let it cool and absorb the flavor. Garnish with cilantro leaves
- Serve hot with rice