Saturday, April 29, 2006

 

Shrimp Curry












I got the recipe from my sister to make shrimp curry. My sister makes yummy shrimp curry. I like sea foods compared to the other meats. When I went for shopping this week to Albertsons store, I saw these baby shrimps to be very fresh. I grabbed some to cook for this week. I like shrimps made in any form. It tastes good and good for health. Here the recipe goes!!

Ingredients

  • Shrimps/ Prawns required quantity
  • 4 -5 green chilies finely chopped
  • 1 Onion finely chopped
  • 2 tomatoes finely chopped
  • 4-5 garlic cloves (smashed)
  • 4-5 tsp of tamarind extract
  • ½ tsp garam masala
  • 1tsp cumin powder
  • 1tsp coriander powder
  • ½ cumin seeds
  • Few curry leaves
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil for cooking
Method

  • Heat the pan with oil, add cumin seeds, green chilies, garlic sauté them. Add the onions and leave it go brown. Cook in medium heat.
  • Add tomatoes. Let the tomatoes merge with the onions and boil in simmering heat.
  • Add the tamarind extract to get a tangy flavor. Let it cook for 5 minutes and absorb the flavor.
  • Add the garam masala, cumin powder and coriander powder and allow them to blend with the mixture.
  • Add the shrimps/prawns and salt. Blend it well so that the curry mixes with the skin.
  • Close the lid and cook for 15 minutes. Once it is cooked turn off the heat. Let it cool and absorb the flavor. Garnish with cilantro leaves
  • Serve hot with rice


6 Comments:

Blogger Lakshmi said...

it's almost the same way, how we prepare, sometimes i avoid tamrind. that's all.

5:12 PM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hai priya,
your shrimp curry looks very delicious. I prepare shrimp curry using dil leaves and it tastes yum. I will try your recipe too.

11:21 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

priya, that looks yumm. I love shrimps.

2:30 PM   Edit
Blogger lost in thoughts said...

Looks Yum Priya !

7:57 PM   Edit
Blogger Unknown said...

Mmmmm... yummy!!! Shrimps r my fav seafood.

2:28 AM   Edit
Blogger Priya Bhaskaran said...

Paz, lakshmi, amulya,shipa, spicehut and pusha thanks for the nice words:) Do let me know how it came in your kitchen:)

10:41 PM   Edit

Post a Comment

<< Home