I think most of them like potatoes. I love potatoes cooked in any form. I learnt this recipe from my Sister-in-law. I found this method of cooking potatoes is the healthiest and easy to cook. All you need is to boil the potatoes and season it with onions and other spices. Here goes the recipe!
- 2 -3 potatoes
- ½ onion or 5–6 pearl onions finely chopped
- 1tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Salt for taste
For seasoning: Mustard, Cumin, Urad dal and curry leaves
- Boil the potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- In a pan, add some oil and season the oil with mustard seeds, cumin, urad dal, and curry leaves.
- When the mustard starts to crackle, add the chopped onions. Stir fry until the onions turn to golden brown in color.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and stir fry so that the onions absorb the flavor.
- Add the boiled potatoes. Mix the potatoes with the onions and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the potatoes absorbed the flavor, turn off the heat and garnish with cilantro leaves.