Bell Pepper Curry
Bell peppers are rich in Vitamin C and you can find them in different colors. I like green peppers, which are unripe, while the others all are ripe- red, yellow, and orange. The green peppers are less sweet and slightly more bitter than the other colored peppers. I think it all tastes similar. This curry I learnt from my sister in law and it goes well with rice and chapattis. It is very easy to make and tastes good. Here it goes:)
- 2 bell peppers finely chopped
- Handful of pearl onions
- ½ tomato finely chopped
- 6-7 red chilies
- Little tamarind piece soaked in ½ cup water (¼ size of a lemon)
- Heat oil in pan, add mustard, cumin, red chilies, curry leaves and sauté them.
- Add the pearl onions and sauté until it turns to light brown, and add the tomato and sauté until it becomes soft and tender.
- Add the tamarind water and allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the finely chopped bell pepper and salt and cover cook for 15 minutes and sauté them in between in order to avoid over heating the pan.
- Turn of heat and mash the mixture with the wood masher and serve hot with rice or chapattis.